PADI - Open Water Diver Course
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Check our course calendar here:
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
You can get started immediately with the knowledge development portion of the course and work at your own pace using the PADI eLearning® system. This convenient, interactive study option allows you to learn anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
Train with Oakville Divers
Our Oakville Divers scuba courses are designed to provide you with the best combination of diving theory and diving skills to make you a safe, confident, and comfortable SCUBA diver. As a certified PADI Open Water Diver, the most widely recognized and respected rating in the world, you have the freedom to dive with a buddy independent of a professional.
PADI eLearning lets you:
- Learn by watching, listening, reading and interacting with a dynamic instructional program.
- Access the material for one year, plus gain unlimited access to an online version of the course manual.
- Contact Oakville Divers anytime you have a question about what you’re learning.
- Get in the water quickly – applying what you’ve learned – when you meet with your PADI Instructor.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (eLearning and TWO classroom sessions) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives 4 pool sessions to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives Dive locally or BY referral ANYWHERE in the world there is a PADI Dive Centre.
How Long Will it Take?
Class: Monday nights 6:30pm to 9:00pm (2 weeks)
Pool: Tuesday nights 9:00pm to 11:00pm (4 weeks)
- The eLearning online theory requires approximately 8 to 10 hours.
- Two classroom sessions (Monday evenings 6:30-9:00pm) - hands on equipment and learning session - with our PADI 5 Star Instructor will be scheduled at the shop upon completion of your elearning exam. eLearning modules and final exam must be completed prior to meeting with instructor and starting In Water training.
- 4 in water training sessions are required. Pool sessions are scheduled on Tuesday evenings at Etobicoke Olympium Pool - 590 Rathburn Road, Etobicoke - 9:00PM TO 11:00PM. Contact us to find out about availability.
(Please allow yourself adequate time before the first classroom and in water session to complete the online theory)
The 4 Open Water dives are conducted over a weekend (Saturday/Sunday) throughout the Spring and Summer. (Open Water certification dives are booked separately - cost is $250 + tax and includes all rentals and certification fees)
OR You can complete all coursework and in water training to receive a signed referral letter to do your dives ANYWHERE in the world there is a PADI Dive Centre (PADI Log book purchase required - $20).
What Will I Need?
eLearning & Pool Program Course Fee Includes ($449.00):
- PADI eLearning registration code (to access the online theory)
- In class, hands on orientation and equipment sessions with our PADI 5 Star instructor.
- In water training with PADI Instructors and assistants.
- Scuba equipment provided (tank, regulator, bcd, weights)
- PADI Referral Letter (for Open Water dives at a different location PADI Log book purchase required - $20)
- Access to our pool practice sessions (equipment included) any Tuesday evening, all year long (advanced registration required + extra charge) - once pool sessions continue.
- Open Water Certification dives are extra.
PADI Open Water Diver Log and Training Record (available in store) - $20
Students are responsible for providing their own mask, snorkel and fins. Oakville Divers has a large selection of snorkeling and scuba gear and can help you select the most appropriate equipment for your needs.
Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification.
Some swimming ability is required. You need to have basic swim skills and be able to comfortably maintain yourself in the water. We start the first session with a swim test. Swim 200 metres/yards (or 300 metres/yards in mask, fins and snorkel). There is no time limit for this, and you may use any swimming strokes you want. Float and tread water for 10 minutes, again using any methods you want.
*IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR MEDICAL FITNESS PRIOR TO PURCHASING, AS ONCE CODES ARE ACTIVATED WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER A REFUND*
** Our course is designed for ages 12+. If you have an 11 year old interested, please contact the shop before purchasing **
This is not a physical item. You will receive a code via email within 24 hours to logon to the PADI eLearning system.
NOTE: You have 1 year to complete your Open Water dives after your class and in water training. If it has been longer than a year, you will need to complete a refresher course before you can do the open water certification dives.